The remembrance day symbolism of the poppy started with a poem written by a world war i brigade surgeon who was struck by the site of the red flowers growing on a ravaged battlefield from 1914 to . Our animation below gives a quick summary of how the poppy became our symbol of remembrance history of the poppy during the first world war 1914 1918 much of the fighting took place in western europe previously beautiful countryside was blasted bombed and fought over again and again the landscape swiftly turned to fields of mud bleak . The poppy has a long association with remembrance day but how did the distinctive red flower become such a potent symbol of our remembrance of the sacrifices made in past wars scarlet corn
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.